QuickBooks is a very flexible software that manages your expenses, monitors, and cash flows, also creates invoices, and handles your tax complaint. Many business owners are depending upon QuickBooks Pro and its other versions. Now, accountants do not have to worry about managing transactions. This software also has some errors which are difficult to handle. So, now in this blog, we are going to study about QuickBooks Unrecoverable error. And, if you can also get the assistance from the QuickBooks Help by going through the site.
Solutions to solve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Stop QuickBooks from opening all windows at start-up
To stop the application from opening all windows at start-up is the most tried and tested method of avoiding this problem
- Click the Alt key while double-clicking QuickBooks application icon.
- Release the Alt key and type in your password, when the system displays the prompt for the user password.
- Click OK, and when the application launches, press the Alt key again.
When the application gets launched, make sure to shut all the opened windows or press ‘Close all windows’ from within the software before exiting.
Open a sample file
Try to open a sample file, if you are not able to open the company file without facing the error.
- Select the Ctrl key while double-clicking QuickBooks application icon.
- Continue press the Ctrl key till the application displays the ‘No Company Open’
- Select ‘Open a sample file’.
- Choose one of the sample files and open it.
Select the OK, if the application prompts you to update the operation. If the sample is open then your company file must be corrupted or damaged.
Copy the company file to your Desktop
Changing the location of the company file you wish to open is also an option you could try. The reason why this solution works is the limitation on the storage path of the file. Perform the following steps to change the location of your QuickBooks file:
- Open the folder in which your company file is located and use the Locate option to find the QBW file.
- Copy and Paste the file on Desktop.
- Launch QuickBooks while pressing the Ctrl key till the application displays the ‘No Company Open’
- Click on Open, browse to the file you copied on Desktop and click Open.
Note: If this doesn’t work, the QuickBooks company file may be damaged.
Use Auto Data Recovery
Restore the company file using the Auto Data Recovery option.
Troubleshoot the QuickBooks application
If all the above options fail, try troubleshooting the QuickBooks application.
- Run Reboot.exe to re-register QuickBooks objects in Windows.
- Manually repair the Microsoft.NET file framework installed on your system.
- Perform a clean re-install for QuickBooks.
- Run the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool to repair all your damaged files and components.
The QuickBooks 2012 R14 service pack allows you to fix all unrecoverable file errors. To update your QuickBooks installation with this service pack, perform the following steps:
- Press the Ctrl key while opening QuickBooks.
- Click Help –> Update QuickBooks.
- On the ‘Update QuickBooks’ screen, click Update Now.
- Select the New Features
- Click Get Updates.
- After the update is complete, exit the application.
Using Stellar QuickBooks Repair Software
If none of the above methods is able to resolve the error, it is indicative of the fact that your QuickBooks company file has been severely damaged/corrupted. To repair it and extract all vital data from it, you’ll need a professional QuickBooks repair software. Then, you can take assistance from QuickBooks Support by just calling on toll-free QuickBooks phone number.