Apricot is a seed-rich fruit. Apricot tree is not very big. Its height is from 8 meters to 12 meters. Its root is 40 cm. The size of the leaves is 4 cm to 9 cm long and 4 to 8 cm wide and is similar to the size of an egg. Usually, its color is yellow and orange, but the part of the fruit which comes in contact with sunlight becomes red color due to the effect of sun rays. The seed inside the apricot fruit is hard. This fruit is pulp. Apricots are found in cold places. In India, it is found in Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. It is obtained in both sweet and dried fruits.
Apricot is known as Shan Jing in China. The word apricot is derived from the word abrechac, which comes from Abricot in France. The name of this fruit is taken from different names in different countries. Argentina, Chile, France and Peru have Damascus for ‘Apricot’. It was discovered in India in 3000 BC. The Chinese philosopher Chuang Tsu told in a story about the purpose of planting this fruit tree, that he used to teach his students on a platform surrounded by apricot wood, and after treating people in medical fees He used to recommend planting an apricot tree. In Persian, it is called gourd potato. To increase its yield in Turkey and America, its plant has been planted on both sides of the road. It is so much liked that one tree will be easily seen near each house.
Features of Apricot Fruit
It is a hard seeded fruit. It is a thin peeled fruit. It is shiny. Most of it is produced in Uzbekistan and Turkey. Its flower is white and pink in color. It occurs in four or five bunches. This fruit grows either in single or in pairs. It is in the upper part of the flower. Small and soft weeps remain on these fruits. There are differences regarding the shape and color of apricot. It can also be very bright as orange and apple. What happens is bright, it is said to be a little less beneficial. It tastes sweet, sour and bitter in all three ways. When it is in raw form it is sour and after cooking turns into a sweet taste. It is a fruit of hot tendency due to being fat-rich.
Benefits of Apricot Fruit
- Apricot fruits contain many vitamins such as B complex, vitamin K, and vitamin C. Along with it, there are many types of fibres in addition to copper, magazine, phosphorus, magnesium, which helps in light of eyes, increase fertility, help in skin diseases and eliminate many diseases.
- Due to its ability to keep digestive power fine, it protects against diseases such as constipation.
- Due to the amount of calcium in it, it also keeps bones healthy and strong.
- The potassium and sodium metabolism in it increases the level.
- Apricot fruit reduces the possibility of heart disease. It also reduces the increasing weight, as it controls the amount of cholesterol present in the blood.
- It is helpful in lung disease and asthma disease.
Benefits of Apricot for Skin
- Apricot is also considered beneficial for the skin because it contains vitamin A, it helps in renewing the skin cells.
- The oil that comes out of dried apricot fruit prevents skin diseases like eczema, dryness of skin, etc. There is also no problem of acne on the skin due to its penetrating effect. Due to the water being rich in it, freshness remains on the skin due to their intake during summer.
- Sunburn prevents light black spots on the skin due to sunlight. By using this, closed pores of the skin are opened. They are also helpful in increasing the tone. It is used in many beauty products which are available in the market.
Apricot benefits for hair
- Massaging the head knuckles with Apricot oil obtained from dried seeds of apricot fruit opens its closed knuckles. Due to which the whole nutrients in the hair are absorbed easily. Due to which the hair is strong and shiny.
- It also makes hair stronger and increases their growth rate.
Apricot juice and leaves benefits
- Consuming apricot juice is beneficial for the patient suffering from infection, fever, as it supplies all kinds of calories, water, vitamins for physical needs, which can cure the disease.
- Boiling apricot leaves in water and drinking it, the waste materials present in the stomach come out. For this reason, you can avoid the troubles caused by constipation.
- Grind its leaves and apply it on the pimples, wrinkles and eczema present on the face, you can avoid this problem.
- Chewing the leaves can avoid bad mouth odour.
Apricot seeds benefits
- Fat is present in apricot seeds, so it supplies oily nutrients in the body.
- This fruit has more potassium in its dried seeds than fresh fruits, hence its seeds are also used in medicine which is beneficial.
- Energy is consumed in the body due to its consumption.
- Apricot intake
Apricots can be consumed as follows
- By washing it and removing the soft and small hairs above it, you can eat it hot or cold.
- To consume it, its seeds are removed and it can be eaten in many ways.
- It can also be eaten by putting pieces of it in fresh curd or fresh cream or by removing its pulp.
- You can cook it on fire and eat it.
- If you want, you can also keep it for a few days and use it.
- It can also be consumed in the form of jam and juice.
- Garnish it with almonds, green leaves etc. and can be consumed as a salad.
Apricot side effects
- There is a disadvantage in eating this fruit as well as a disadvantage. Consuming dried fruits can be harmful to patients with diabetes.
- After drying, apricot loses up to 30% of its water content. Therefore, its dried fruits should be left for some time after immersing them in water.
- 4 to 5 apricot fruits should not be eaten in a day.
- According to the Food Stander Agency of the British Government, a substance has been found in apricot seeds, which can be harmful.