The largest organ in the human body, the skin gets most affected both by internal and external factors. External factors include stress, pollution, intake of alcohol, etc., whereas internal factors mainly revolve around ageing. All these factors cause a lot of skin issues like acne scar, melasma and pigmentation. These skin concerns make skin dull and even result in losing its texture and volume. The surprising fact is most of the females’ experience and even analyse these skin problems but fail to decide the right treatment. They either opt for the wrong products or take the wrong treatments which weaken the skin barrier against damage and sometimes, even result in loss of skin glow in the long run. So, if you want to know the best way to get the lost sheen of your facial skin, a consultation with a dermatologist is necessary. And it is not surprising if he recommends laser toning.
Laser toning is one of the laser skin resurfacing cosmetic procedures that use a laser to improve the skin’s overall appearance and treating minor skin issues. The skin resurfacing is performed both with ablative and non-ablative laser and the laser face toning falls under the latter category.
What is laser toning?
To define simply, it is a procedure in which laser light penetrates deep inside the dermal layers of the skin to break the pigment. The non-ablative lasers or Q-switch lasers used for treating several skin concerns related to pigmentation amongst others. Many dermatologists even name call it Q-switch laser toning.
It is one of the most effective procedures to control melasma, acne and pigmentation. Some other skin concerns addressed successfully by this skin rejuvenation procedure are:
- It helps in improving the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and large open pores by stimulating collagen production in the dermal layers of the skin.
- It even corrects visible signs of ageing on the facial skin, mild to moderate neck sagging and drooping cheeks.
- It even treats dark spots, sunspots and other pigmentation related issues.
When a person visits an experienced dermatologist, he primarily assesses his skin condition, quality of the skin and damage caused to it. After understanding his skin condition and medical history, he confirms whether or not he is the right candidate for laser treatment. A person with a medical history of sensitive skin, autoimmune disorders, oral herpes, and pregnant women are not considered ideal candidates for laser toning. If he is the right candidate, he gets a simple set of instructions that he needs to follow before the procedure. At Clinic Dermatech, this is known as Bright and Clear Laser.
Procedure of Laser Face Toning
The general procedure is a thorough cleaning of the skin and application of the local anaesthesia to cause minimum discomfort. The patients need to wear eye shields so that the laser’s beam does not cause any damage to the eye’s retina. Other steps involved in the
Q-switch laser toning for treating pigmentation issues are:
- Passing of laser multiple times over the area of concern. The Q-switch laser destroys the pigment-containing cells, melanin granules, and melanosomes for an ultra-short duration. Because the duration is very small, therefore surrounding cells and the nucleus do not experience any damage.
- This small injury to melanosomes results in skin brightening. This controlled injury stimulates collagen production and makes the skin look tighter.
Benefits of Laser Skin Resurfacing via Laser Face ToningSome of the main benefits of the procedure are as follows:
- Elastin and collagen production boosts skin radiance, elasticity and strength.
- It is a simple and safe procedure.
- There is no or little downtime, and the results are long-lasting.
- A person may experience some swelling or discomfort, which usually goes away within two to three hours of the procedure.
- The skin becomes smooth and wrinkle-free.
- The procedure is even helpful for treating different kinds of pigmentation problems such as under-eyes dark circles and birthmarks.
Laser toning is equally effective in treating complex skin conditions like Melasma. Skin conditions like acne are easy to treat with other methods but so far, laser treatment is touted as the best way to control Melasma.
Multiple Sessions are Important
It is wrong to say that patients get glowing and flawless skin after one treatment session. Based on the skin type and extent of damage, the dermatologist may recommend undergoing several sessions to get the desired benefits. Post-procedure patients can resume their day to day activities immediately but with certain precautions. For instance, they need to apply sunscreen without any fail. Moreover, they need to consult with their dermatologist before using any new cosmetic product.
Consult with Skin Expert Today
If you seriously think that you are the right candidate for Q-switch laser toning, you immediately need to speak with a skin expert. An experienced dermatologist or a skin expert is the right person to tell whether or not you are an ideal candidate for the treatment, the results expected from the laser treatment and the total cost involved. He can even analyse your skin condition thoroughly and give a crystal clear idea about the skin condition and how laser toning may prove helpful in treating other skin issues. So, without thinking much, look for a reputed skin expert with a successful track record of performing laser face toning procedures in his state-of-the-art clinic.
Laser Toning at Clinic Dermatech
Complex skin issues can be treated with laser toning. Step into Clinic Dermatech’s clinic for addressing several skin concerns. Talk to an expert and have an advanced skincare treatment.
You can plan a visit to the clinic for consultation for Bright and Clear Laser. Book your appointment online at www.clinicdermatech.com or call at 8905320330.
Clinic Dermatech has 20 clinics in 13 cities such as Delhi NCR (New Delhi, Noida, Gurugram, Faridabad), Agra, Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kurukshetra, and Mumbai.